Heavy music legends Suicidal Tendencies recently announced the release of their latest album, STill Cyco Punk After All These Years. STill Cyco Punk After All These Years is a re-recording and re-imagining of a Cyco Miko (Mike Muir) solo album recorded in 1995, originally entitled Lost my Brain! (Once Again). The album is an auditory time capsule – afull-on Cyco Punk record taken to a whole new level – featuring legendary drummer Dave Lombardo brutally beating the songs and sound that is made to get your slam on.
In conjunction with the release, Suicidal Tendencies is pleased to reveal details about their upcoming Converse collaboration. The new Converse x Suicidal Tendencies collection was available beginning the same date as the new album, September 7, via Converse.com and select retailers.
Vocalist Mike Muir’s relationship with Converse started long before Suicidal Tendencies. “When I was young, I still remember getting my first pair of ‘Chucks’ for my birthday and how stoked I was to wear them to school the next day,” says Muir, reflecting on the iconic sneaker. “It was almost like a rite of passage, the beautiful thing about them is whatever ‘direction’ you were headed, you could go there with your Chucks.
Converse x Suicidal Tendencies is a collection of Chuck 70’s and accompanying apparel based on digital and screen-printed graphics in the classic style of Ric Clayton, who designed posters and fliers for the band back in the ’80s. The Chuck 70 HI’s vintage canvas upper features an all-over digital print and the Suicidal Tendencies leather patch on the lateral side. An Ox version, comes in black with an all over digitally-printed lining. The Suicidal Tendencies logo is printed on the tongue and heel. Both the Hi and the Ox pair feature two sets of additional laces including a Suicidal Tendencies printed logo lace.
All apparel, which feature original, screen printed Suicidal Tendencies artwork, include a woven poplin shirt, two pull over hoodies, a pair of sweatpants, a pair of sweat-shorts, one long sleeve tee, and two short sleeve tees.
The footwear will retail for a suggested retail price of $90-$95 USD. Apparel will retail for SRP of $35-$80 USD.
“All these years later, Converse has the same meaning to me,” adds Mike Muir. “Just as young Mike will never forget putting on his first pair of Chucks, I can’t wait to relive that amazing feeling with the new Converse x Suicidal Tendencies, a massively proud moment for the band, our fans and of course me personally!”
STill Cyco Punk After All These Years track listing:
- I Love Destruction
- All Kinda Crazy
- Sippin’ From The Insanitea
- It’s Always Something
- Lost My Brain… Once Again
- Nothin’ To Lose
- Gonna Be Alright
- Ain’t Gonna Get Me
- All I Ever Get
- Save A Peace For Me
Suicidal Tendencies is performing in several cities this coming September and October. See below for all confirmed performance dates:
Suicidal Tendencies North American Tour Dates:
- 9/7 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues – album release party and anniversary show, playing first album in its entirety!
- 9/8 – Washington, D.C. @ 9:30 Club – album release party and anniversary show, playing first album in its entirety!
- 9/16 – Chicago, IL @ Douglas Park – Riot Fest
- 9/18 – Phoenix, AZ @ The Pressroom
- 9/19 – Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
- 9/21 – Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Bar and Grill
- 9/22 – San Antonio, TX @ The AT&T Center Grounds – Bud Light River City Rockfest
- 9/23 – Houston, TX @ House of Blues
- 9/25 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade – Heaven
- 9/27 – Greensboro, NC @ Cone Denim Entertainment Center
- 9/28 – Louisville, KY @ Champions Park – Louder Than Life
- 9/29 – Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop
- 10/1 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 10/3 – Des Moines, IA @ Wooly’s
- 10/5 – Denver, CO @ Summit
- 10/6 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
- 10/27 – Huntington Beach, CA @ Huntington State Beach – Surf City Blitz
Suicidal Tendencies is:
- Mike Muir – lead vocals
- Dean Pleasants – guitars
- Dave Lombardo – drums
- Ra Díaz – bass
Suicidal Tendencies online:
STill Cyco Punk After All These Years will be available in digital, CD, opaque purple vinyl (with download card) and opaque gold vinyl (with download card, patch and poster) formats.