“Mayhem’s live set is palpably evil, guided by the deranged vocal presence of Attila Csihar, who gave an unnerving performance on
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas…” — Loudwire
Mayhem will return to North America this fall on a month-long journey set to commence on November 1st and run through December 2nd. Support will be provided by Immolation and Black Anvil, the latter of which appeared with the band on their last stateside expedition. The Norwegian black metal icons have been commemorating the release of their 1994 landmark De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas full-length with a worldwide live takeover performing the monumental record in its entirety. Stateside fans who missed the spectacle the first time around get one last chance this November on the Purgatorium Americæ Septentrionalis- Pars Duorum tour. The North American tour will follow the second leg of the band’s European live incursion.
Mayhem Tour Dates w/ Immolation, Black Anvil:
- 11/03/2017 Waiting Room – Buffalo, NY
- 11/04/2017 Elements – Kitchener, ON
- 11/05/2017 St. Andrews Hall – Detroit, MI
- 11/06/2017 Skully’s Music Diner – Columbus, OH
- 11/07/2017 The Majestic – Madison, WI
- 11/09/2017 The Forge – Joliet, IL
- 11/10/2017 The Ready Room – St. Louis, MO
- 11/11/2017 The Granada – Lawrence, KS
- 11/12/2017 The Waiting Room – Omaha, NE
- 11/14/2017 El Rey Theatre – Albuquerque, NM
- 11/16/2017 Ace of Spades – Sacramento, CA
- 11/17/2017 The Observatory Northpark – San Diego, CA
- 11/18/2017 The Fonda – Los Angeles, CA
- 11/19/2017 The Rialto Theatre – Tucson, AZ
- 11/21/2017 Mohawk – Austin, TX
- 11/22/2017 White Oak – Houston, TX
- 11/24/2017 The Orpheum – Tampa, FL
- 11/25/2017 Mavericks – Jacksonville, FL
- 11/26/2017 Saturn – Birmingham, AL
- 11/27/2017 Cannery Ballroom – Nashville, TN
- 11/28/2017 Neighborhood Theatre – Charlotte, NC
- 11/30/2017 Mr. Smalls Theatre – Pittsburgh, PA
- 12/01/2017 Baltimore Sound Stage – Baltimore, MD
- 12/02/2017 Irving Plaza – New York, NY
The cornerstone De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas recently earned the #40 spot on Rolling Stone Magazine’s 100 Greatest Metal Albums Of All Time, the prestigious publication noting, “…Mysteriis… remains a singularly potent document, its expressions of alienation and nihilism lent an icy severity by Aarseth’s lacerating guitar buzz, session vocalist Attila Csihar’s arcane croak and presentation of Dead’s lyrical gothic terror and the pummeling drums of Hellhammer (Jan Axel Blomberg).”
Further illuminating the keystone offering, the band self-released De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive late last year on CD, DVD, LP, and digitally. Captured in Norrköping, Sweden in 2015 during the band’s headlining set at the Black Christmass Festival, the show marked Mayhem’s first time ever playing De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full.
The vinyl edition of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive quickly sold out, but a second pressing is now available both stateside and abroad. In the US, 250 copies of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive are available on gold vinyl. In Europe, the record comes available in black (666), purple (222), and purple with black haze (112).
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive was recorded, mixed, and mastered by Tore Stjerna and NBS Audio and produced by vocalist Attila Csihar and guitarist Teloch with light production by Anne Weckstrom, stage design and production by Jonas Svensson, video recording by Thornfields Production and video editing by Tamàs Tarczi.