Swiss alternative rock group Yesterday Is History are back with their latest EP entitled Circles released worldwide via Sliptrick Records. Circles is a continuation and embellishment upon their previous EP Frames as the band explore the concepts that are close to them while expanding upon the bands punk pop/rock sound.
10 facts about Circles you probably didn’t know:
- Circles is a pop/rock mashup with punk rhythm and pop melodies.
- The band are mainly inspired by the whole modern scene in terms of musical production, rather than in terms of “music”.
- They are inspired by their previous releases and try to evolve their sound.
- They would like to principally transmit the sense of power with their songs.
- Yesterday Is History would like you to appreciate the good level of production and hope you feel some emotion by listening to them.
- Circles is an album written mainly for live performance. It was written to give rhythm and power to their shows.
- The themes of the new songs haven’t detached a lot from the previous EP Frames, although each song expresses a different concept as opposed to Frames, which was a concept album.
- The cover represents a girl from behind, in the middle of an Arizona road (more precisely, in Phoenix). The girl looks at the sun, a circle. The circle symbolizes continuity and perfection. The cover and the artwork was created by Egon Klett.
- The EP was made in a year starting from the writing and delivery of the Master.
- The EP was recorded in HRS Massagno, Lugano. Mixed and Mastered by Giampiero Ulacco in Pescara.
Circles’ Track Listing:
- Midnight Drive
- Planet X
Yesterday Is History are:
- Matteo Sulmoni – Guitar/Vocals
- Mattia Facciolo – Guitar
- Marco Stevanato – Bass
- Davide Sulmoni – Drums