Legendary Thrash Metallers Sacred Reich have announced the release date for their highly anticipated new album, “Awakening”. The band’s first new music in twenty three years will drop on August 23rd via Metal Blade Records.
The band have also released the title track, Awakening, and the accompanying music video. Awakening was premiered by Jose Mangin on SirusXM Liquid Metal yesterday (June 17th) to much excitement from fans! The video for Awakening was was shot by acclaimed director Mark Pellington (U2, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Public Enemy). Watch below:
Twenty-three years after dropping their last full-length, Sacred Reich are returning in force with the towering Awakening. The new album showcases everything a fan would expect and hope for from the Phoenix, Arizona crew, it is a timeless collection comprised of blistering thrash, crushing grooves, killer solos and socially conscious lyrics that demonstrate a true understanding of everything that matters most in the world today. The return of Dave McClain, who manned the drum throne from 1991 to 1997, and the addition of 22 year old Joey Radziwill playing guitar, alongside original members guitarist Wiley Arnett and vocalist/bassist Phil Rind are integral facets of the record.
Speaking on this current line-up of Sacred Reich, Phil Rind comments, “Dave is such a killer drummer and person. He works every day to become a better drummer, and I mean every day. His work ethic is inspiring. As much as he has accomplished, he is still open to what comes. Joey brings a higher level of musicianship and tightness to our band, and he brings a freshness to us. He gives us an opportunity for us to see things from a different perspective, and all of us were blown away by what he can do with a guitar and how effortlessly he does it.”
To track the album, the band headed into Platinum Underground in Mesa, AZ, and employed producer Arthur Rizk (Power Trip, Cavalera Conspiracy) and engineer John Aquilino. The album was mastered by Maor Appelbaum at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, CA. Speaking on his band’s long awaited new album, Rind adds, “Going into it, we had a loose idea as far as knowing that we wanted some fast, heavy songs to honor the old school fans that have supported us and gotten us to this point. We wanted everything to happen naturally. We didn’t want to force anything and we are super stoked with every song. It is easily the best thing we have ever done. Regardless of what happens with the record, the experience of making it was enough to satisfy us. Obviously we hope people like it, but even if it tanked, it could not change the way we feel about it. We know what we did.”SR
2. Divide & Conquer
4. Manifest Reality
5. Killing Machine
6. Death Valley
8. Something to Believe
The Pre-order package includes:
- Box set (digipak CD, flag, pins, sticker – limited to 3000 copies)
- 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
- Clear / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 700 copies)
- Beige / grey marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- Clear red / brown marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
- Clear / black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- Clear / black circle w/ white / red splatter vinyl (EU Webshop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
- Back / white splatter vinyl (EU Ebay exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
- Clear / black splatter vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- White / black haze vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
* exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available!
Sacred Reich will be touring Europe this summer and again in November with special guest Night Demon. More news regarding US tour dates coming soon.