LA-based metal outfit Butcher Babies are known for juxtaposing brutal, aggressive riffs with beautiful melodies that wail with emotional redemption. That emotion plays strong in their new documentary style music video for the single “Look What We’ve Done” taken off their latest critically-acclaimed effort, “Lilith”, out now via Century Media Records.
Following the band on tour as they crush stages worldwide with their vicious live performances and explosive energy, the video displays the roller coaster of emotions that they face on tour from the highs to the lows.
Co-frontwoman Heidi Shepherd shares her insight into the video stating: “Our new docu-video “Look What We’ve Done” gives a behind-the-scenes look as to what emotions a tour might bring when the curtains close and real life settles in. When the accolades of the stage and energy of the crowd are gone; when you retreat to your bunk and the loneliness sets in. Where you miss your family, your friends and your loved ones. We touch on when conditions out of your control can make or break your stride. This gives an inside peek as to what keeps us going and how we deal with the extreme highs and extreme lows. The reality behind the stage.”
Co-frontwoman Carla Harvey adds, “When we started Butcher Babies, I don’t think that either Heidi or I had much interest in creating ballads. However over the years our palates expanded and we really began to embrace emoting passion through our singing voices in addition to our screaming voices. “Look What We’ve Done” takes the listener on a journey through our current emotions, after making music and traveling the world together for nearly a decade. We really wanted a video that would take the viewer on a visual journey with us through an authentic tour experience. Having a videographer accompany us on our latest run in Europe was the perfect fit! Ride along with us as we elate in the highs of touring: sold out shows, exploring new cities, the camaraderie. Stick around for the rough stuff: extreme weather, fatigue, loneliness…Look what we’ve done!”
Produced by Steve Evetts (Suicide Silence, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Cure), Butcher Babies new album “Lilith” has already seduced fans worldwide as it debuted at #1 on iTunes Metal Chart, #7 on iTunes Rock Chart and #35 on iTunes Top 100 Charts.
Butcher Babies are currently on a headlining tour across the U.S. included featured appearances at several of the summer’s largest festivals including Rocklahoma and Rockfest (Kansas City).
Butcher Babies’ Tour Dates
- May 25 – Memphis, TN @ New Daisy **
- May 26 – Pryor, OK @ Rocklahoma ***
- May 28 – New Orleans, LA @ Southport Hall
- May 29 – Austin, TX @ Come and Take It Live
- May 30 – Corpus Christi, TX @ House of Rock
- May 31 – Lubbock, TX @ Jake’s Ballroom
- Jun 2 – Kansas City, Kansas @ Rockfest***
- Jun 4 – Colorado Springs, CO @ Sunshine Studios Live
- Jun 5 – Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
- Jun 6 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Depot
- Jun 7 – Billings, MT @ Pub Station
- Jun 8 – Jerome, ID @ Diamondz Event Center
- Jun 10 – Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
- Jun 11 – Sacramento, CA @ Holy Diver
- Jun 12 – San Francisco @ The Fillmore
- Jun 13 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Whisky A Go-Go
- Jun 14 – Las Vegas, NV @ Brooklyn Bowl
- Jun 15 – Mesa, AZ @ Club Red
** Butcher Babies w/ Islander and Sumo Cyco only
*** Festival (Butcher Babies only)