Rebel Radio has been cranking out hard rock and heavy metal over the air waves since July 10, 1994, starting off on a small, AM, brokered radio station in a Chicago suburbs, during evening drive-time hours. Over the years, Rebel Radio has broadcast on close to 10 different radio stations, one being 24/7, and one being over Satcom C-5 satellite. Rebel Radio was also the very first radio station in the U.S.A. to stream music over the internet (and the second to stream full-time, beginning on February 13, 1996).
One question that’s often asked is if we got our name from the Airheads movie. No, we didn’t. Originally, the station was going to be called “Hard Rock 1330”, but it didn’t make people to think of metal. Scott then changed it to “Rebellious Radio”, but the name was too long, so he shortened it to “Rebel Radio”. According to IMDb, the Airheads movie didn’t open in the theaters until August 5, 1994, almost exactly 1 month after Rebel Radio hit the airwaves.
Today, Rebel Radio continues to bring the best metal, new and old, to the world, broadcasting 24/7 over the internet through the TuneIn Radio app — accessible through our website, iPhone, Android, most new autos, Alexa, Echo (and other home AI units), Roku, Apple TV, and more!
Special Shows Featured on Rebel Radio:
- Sabbath 6-pack Sunday = Sundays at 6:00 pm
- Rebel Remake = Sundays at 10:00 pm (metal bands covering tunes of your favorite artists – metal and not)
- Mosh Pit = Mondays at midnight (Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Narcotic Wasteland, Sodom, Haemorrhage, Behemoth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, etc.)
- Homegrown Show = Thursdays at 9:00 pm (local metal scene – bands from IL and surrounding states, whether signed or not, famous or not).
- Rebel Radio Punk Rock Show = Fridays at 10:00 pm
- Friday Night Live = Fridays at 11:00 pm (live tracks)
- A Layer of Slayer = Saturdays at midnight
- Daily 420 Song = Daily, 4:20 pm
- (and more are currently in the making)
If you or your business would like to sponsor one of these special shows, call Scott Davidson at (773) 909-0303 today!
To advertise on Rebel Radio, you may either contact Scott Davidson, or purchase ads here, through our website.