Rebel Radio has been cranking out hard rock and heavy metal over the air waves since 1994, starting off on a small, AM, brokered radio station in a Chicago suburbs, during evening drive-time hours. Over the years, Rebel Radio has broadcast on close to 10 different radio stations, one being 24/7, and one being over Satcom C-5 satellite. Rebel Radio was also the very first radio station in the U.S.A. to stream music over the internet (and the second to stream full-time, beginning on February 13, 1996).
Today, Rebel Radio broadcasts 24/7 over the internet through the TuneIn Radio app (accessible through our website, iPhone, and Android), while also jumping onto 102.3 FM WCKG (see coverage map) every Monday through Friday from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
Special Shows Featured on Rebel Radio:
- Sabbath 6-pack Sunday = Sundays at 6:00 pm
- Rebel Remake = Sundays at 10 pm (metal bands covering tunes of your favorite artists – metal and not)
- Mosh Pit = Every Monday at midnight (Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Narcotic Wasteland, Sodom, Haemorrhage, Behemoth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, etc.)
- Homegrown Show = Wednesday nights at 9:00 pm (local metal scene – IL bands, whether signed or not, famous or not)
- (NEW) Rebel Radio Punk Rock Show = Fridays at 10:00 pm
- Friday Night Live = Friday nights (live tracks) at 11:00 pm
- A Layer of Slayer = Every Saturday night at midnight
- Daily 420 Song = Ever day at 4:20 pm
- (and more are currently in the making)