Long-running metal goliaths Dragonforce has kicked off a near-month-long North American tour this past Friday, with support provided by Once Human. Slated to commence July 7th in San Francisco, California and run through July 29th in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, the tour includes a stop at Chicago Open Air in Chicago, Illinois which features Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer, Amon Amarth, Megadeth, and Clutch, among many others, as well as Rise Above Festival in Bangor, Maine with Korn, Stone Sour, Seether, Crobot, and more. See all confirmed dates below:
Dragonforce w/ Once Human:
- 7/07/2017 Slim’s – San Francisco, CA
- 7/08/2017 The Roxy – Los Angeles, CA
- 7/09/2017 Club Red – Mesa, AZ
- 7/11/2017 The Rock Box – San Antonio, TX
- 7/12/2017 Gas Monkey Bar N’ Grill – Dallas, TX
- 7/14/2017 Fubar – St. Louis, MO
- 7/15/2017 Chicago Open Air @ Toyota Park – Chicago, IL* (without Once Human)
- 7/17/2017 El Club – Detroit, MI
- 7/18/2017 Rock & Roll Hotel – Washington DC
- 7/20/2017 Highline Ballroom – New York, NY
- 7/21/2017 Brighton Music Hall – Boston, MA
- 7/22/2017 Rise Above Festival @ Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion – Bangor, ME *
- 7/23/2017 Corona Theatre – Montreal, QC
- 7/24/2017 Opera House – Toronto, ON
- 7/26/2017 The Masquerade – Heaven – Atlanta, GA
- 7/27/2017 The Beacham Theatre – Orlando, FL
- 7/28/2017 The Orpheum – Tampa, FL
- 7/29/2017 Culture Room – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
* Without Once Human
Dragonforce will be touring in support their Reaching Into Infinity full-length recently released in the US via Metal Blade Records. The chart-topping offering earned the #5 spot on the Billboard Hard Music Albums chart, #12 on the Billboard Independent Albums chart, #16 on the Billboard Rock Albums chart, #48 on the Billboard Digital Albums chart, #58 on the Billboard Top 200 Current Albums chart, and #70 Billboard Top 200 chart!
For their seventh studio album, Dragonforce has opened up their sound like never before, capturing the fierce, forlorn, and fun with both menace and melody. “I think we have proven that playing fast was something we were good at, so this time I wanted to bring even more diversity into our music,” comments bassist Frederic Leclercq. “It’s great to challenge ourselves instead of staying in a comfort zone, and I really wanted to experiment with [lead vocalist] Marc [Hudson]’s vocals. I think people are going to be surprised at his brutality!” The first album to feature Gee Anzalone, the Italian drummer has laid down an impressive performance to provide the perfect backbone to the Dragonforce sound, which of course still boasts the band’s trademark insanely-fast solos, courtesy of guitarists Herman Li and Sam Totman.
Recording the bulk of the album at Fascination Street Studios in Sweden with producer Jens Bogren, the band also laid down tracks while touring their Killer Elite best of-album, utilizing Lamerluser Studios, (London, UK), Dark Lane Studios (Witney, UK), as well as the band’s own Evil1 Studios in Charleville-Mezieres, France and Shredforce One Studios (California, US). To preview and purchase Reaching Into Infinity, CLICK HERE.