The second annual Chicago Open Air will bring together an all-star lineup of rock’s top artists!
What: A 3-day music, craft beer and Gourmet Man Food festival that will feature over 40 performances, including legendary rock artists Ozzy Osbourne, KISS, Korn, Rob Zombie, Slayer,Godsmack, Stone Sour, Megadeth, Lamb Of God, Seether, Meshuggah, Anthrax, Clutch, Body Count, and many more!
When: 3 days
Friday, July 14
Saturday, July 15
Sunday, July 16
Where: Toyota Park in Bridgeview, IL (just outside Chicago)
In addition to three days of nonstop rock, Chicago Open Air’s celebration of everything loud will also include Gourmet Man Food featuring local and regional cuisine, the Headbangers Bier Hall highlighting top brews from the region, other entertainment and fan experiences, and will be hosted by Sirius XM’s Jose Mangin. The weekend gets started with The Chicago Open Air Kick Off Fiesta (details to be announced in February) and the official Chicago Open Air Pre-Party at Concord Music Hall on Thursday, July 13.
Daily Lineup (subject to change):
Friday, July 14:
- Rob Zombie
- The Dillinger Escape Plan
- Falling In Reverse
- Suicide Silence
- Code Orange
- Hell or Highwater
- Failure Anthem
Saturday, July 15:
- Steel Panther
- Body Count
- Metal Church
- Pig Destroyer
- Cane Hill
- Night Verses
- Black Map
Sunday, July 16:
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Stone Sour
- Lamb Of God
- Amon Amarth
- Demon Hunter
- Norma Jean
Here’s what some of Chicago Open Air’s top artists have to say about playing the festival:
Corey Taylor, Stone Sour: “We are beyond stoked to be a part of Chicago Open Air this year. If you’ve never seen Stone Sour before, you’re in for a goddamn treat. If you HAVE seen Stone Sour before, forget what you’re expecting. It’s a whole new ballgame. See you all soon!”
Dave Mustaine, Megadeth: “This year’s Chicago Open Air festival is going to kick so much ass! I mean, KISS, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Rob Zombie?! If I wasn’t playing, I would want to go just to be part of the party!!
Randy Blythe, Lamb Of God: “Wassup Chicago! We’re stoked to be playing the Chicago Open Air this year. It’ll be nice to be outside in Illinois for a change, especially since it won’t be 10 below, haha. So come on out and bring your baggies, bikinis and suntan lotion, and surfboards (ok, so you can leave the surfboards at home). See ya there!
Danny Wimmer, Founder of Danny Wimmer Presents said, “Walking through the site last year, I saw people from all over the world. Different ages, different races – people celebrating rock culture. When curating the 2017 version of Chicago Open Air, we wanted to find that balance for everyone who attends the festival. From iconic artists like Ozzy, KISS, Korn and Slayer to Rob Zombie, Godsmack and Stone Sour to Amon Amarth, Meshuggah and Behemoth. If you are a rock fan, this is a must see experience.”
“Rock is clearly alive and well in Chicagoland, and year two of Chicago Open Air promises to build on where we left off in creating one of America’s best destination hard rock festivals,” said Jason Wright, Live Nation’s Midwest President.
- 3-day General Admission Field: starting at $209.50
- 3-day General Admission Bowl: starting at $119
- 3-day VIP: starting at $425
- Single Day General Admission Bowl: starting at $60
All VIP tickets include: VIP entrance lanes into the event, access to a VIP lounge area featuring dedicated food and beverage offerings (for additional purchase), field and stadium level viewing areas of the main stage, dedicated restroom facilities, and a commemorative Chicago Open Air VIP-only laminate.
No Service Fee tickets will be available at the Chicago Open Air Official Pop-Up Party at Kuma’s Corner downtown (666 W. Diversey Pkwy., Chicago) on Friday, January 20, starting at Noon. In addition, all three Chicago-area Kuma’s locations will be selling No Service Fee tickets and exclusive Chicago Open Air / Kuma’s merchandise.
Discounted hotel rates are also available through Curadora. Visit www.ChicagoOpenAir.com for details.
Here’s a preliminary list of Chicago Open Air special events, Gourmet Man Food and craft beer partners, as well as onsite experiences and nonprofit organizations with a presence at Chicago Open Air:
- Chicago Open Air Kick Off Fiesta, hosted by Jose Mangin: Kick off the Chicago Open Air weekend with this fiesta. This intimate dinner will be hosted by Sirius XM’s Liquid Metal DJ Jose Mangin. The menu and more information will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Chicago Open Air Official Pre-Party & After-Show Events: The official Chicago Open Air Pre-Party will be held at Concord Music Hall on Thursday, July 13. Bands and more details will be announced soon. In addition, official after-show events will be held at Double Door on Friday, The Metro on Saturday, and the official after party will be at House of Blues in Chicago on Sunday.
- Gourmet Man Food: The initial Gourmet Man Food lineup includes selections from Chicago favorites such as: Bruges Brothers, Chicago Doghouse, Crème of the Crop, Dia De Los Tamales, Dinky’s Donuts, Kuma’s Corner, Pizano’s (Chicago deep dish), and Yum Dum. Additional Gourmet Man Food vendors from around the country will include: Aporkalypse Now, BBD’s Restaurant, Ben’s Burrito Bowl, Cheeze Louise, Cravin’ Cajun,Master of Patties, Ollie’s Tots, Pie Baby (wood-fired pizza), Sweet Pete’s, and The Big Cheesy.
- Headbangers Bier Hall: This unique METAL themed dive bar is returning to Chicago Open Air. Headbangers Bier Hall will feature national and regional craft beers and artist inspired beverages including:Goose Island (Chicago – 312 Urban Wheat Ale, Four Star Pils),Half Acre Beer Company (Chicago – Daisy Cutter Pale Ale, Vallejo IPA, Pony Pilsner), Iron Maiden’s Trooper Beer, Lagunitas (Petaluma, CA – IPA, A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’),Motörhead Wine, Revolution Brewing (Chicago – Fist City, Rev Pils),Surly (Minneapolis – Surly Hell Lager, Surly Furious IPA),Two Brothers Brewing (Chicago – Sidekick Extra Pale Ale, Dog Days Dortmunder Style Lager), and more to be announced. Look for unique experiences throughout the weekend.
- Monster Energy Experience: Fueling the festival experience with energy, the Monster Energy Experience offers free Monster drink samples and artist signings. Stop by the Monster Energy Experience and get energized for Chicago Open Air!
- Kuma’s Corner: Kuma’s Corner will be returning to serve their signature metal themed burgers.
- The Music Experience: The Music Experience features all the elements that are involved in making music in a professional band setting. The interactive exhibit features guitars, basses, amps, drums, keyboards, and electronic gear that are used by today’s most popular bands. After laying your hands on the hottest equipment available, you will walk away feeling like a rock star and you may even see one there, too! Come and meet your favorite band members from the festival at the Music Experience Tent. You can win free amps, free guitars and get tons of other free stuff, as well.
- FYE Fan Experience: FYE will be hosting the ultimate fan and artist interactive experiences throughout the festival! FYE is the only place at the festival to get your favorite band’s music, and maybe even get to meet your favorite Chicago Open Air performer!
- Fxck Cancer / Dyin 2 Live: The Dyin 2 Live Dreams program is a wish-granting organization whose purpose is to try and enrich the lives of those fighting cancer by offering them an experience that will bring hope and inspiration to their lives. In doing this, we hope it can help give them a chance to forget, even if it’s only for a day. Through our extensive network of friends, supporters, and affiliates, we are able to reach out to individuals and present them with one of a kind experiences and opportunities that arise. We feel a Dyin 2 Live Dream can offer a source of inspiration for those undergoing difficult medical treatments and be a positive force that offers a life-changing impact not only for them, but also the family to overcome their obstacles. If you are currently fighting cancer or know of someone in the fight who could benefit from a Dyin 2 Live Dream, please submit your story and tell us why and how a Dyin 2 Live day would help. Also, anyone interested in being a supporter, volunteer or donor, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take Me Home: Take Me Home (TMH) has been saving the lives of homeless animals since 2001. TMH was founded as an animal rights advocacy foundation saving orphaned animals and striving to end animal overpopulation. TMH works in conjunction with shelters and rescues throughout California and beyond to help save animals on death row, on the streets, or in unsafe living conditions. Stop by their booth for custom gear and contribute to a great cause.
Chicago Open Air is produced by Danny Wimmer Presents, Live Nation, and Toyota Park, with the support of the Village of Bridgeview and Bridgeview Mayor Steven Landek.
Chicago Open Air is fueled by Monster Energy. Additional 2017 sponsors include:
- Jack Daniel’s
- The Music Experience
- Fxck Cancer
- Take Me Home
- Soho Concessions
- (and more).
For more information on Chicago Open Air, visit: